As the weather gets cooler, it can be challenging to come up with fun fall activities to keep the family busy and share new memories with each other. Check out some fun ways to enjoy the season together:
- Go on a nature hike. Make a game out of your family nature hike by making a bingo sheet. Include things like acorns, orange leaves and fuzzy squirrels. Whoever gets bingo first wins!
- Make matching no-sew scarves to enjoy together in an afternoon.
- Do some simple kitchen science experiments with leftover Halloween candy.
- Take crayons and some of your favorite leaves and layer the leaves between pages of paper. Rub on the pages with a crayon to see the leaf pattern emerge.
- Make a list of things you’re grateful for, then share the love by finding ways to volunteer around the community: collect donations for a food pantry, make cards to send to troops overseas, or volunteer at a local animal shelter!
- Bake apple chips. Thinly slice apples, spray them with oil, and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on them. Bake them in the oven till they are crispy.
Looking for more indoor activities? The J’s got you covered:
- Father-Daughter Dance: A night for girls and their guys – November 23, 7pm
- The Indoor Aquatic Center is open year-round! Bring the family to play in the pool and enjoy the best part of summer all year!