All meals delivered through the J’s Meals on Wheels program are kosher and meet nutritional standards. Meals are delivered frozen each week for easy storage and preparation. Participants can choose from a menu of options, including modifications for a low-sodium and diabetic diet.
In addition, we offer emergency frozen kosher meals for seniors who are recuperating at home and in-need of prepared food.
There are five basic requirements for Meals on Wheels participants:
- The person is unable to prepare their own meals; and
- The person is unable to participate in a congregate nutrition program because of physical or emotional difficulties; and
- The person must be at least 60 years of age; and
- The person lacks another meal support service in the home or community
- The person is the spouse of an eligible person, regardless of age or abilities, who lives in the home of the eligible person.
Qualified applicants may receive this service FREE of charge, with an option to give a charitable donation. To see if you qualify, please contact the Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio (COA) at: 800.252.0155. Be sure to specify that you’d like the Mayerson JCC to deliver your meals. For more information on the COA, please visit their website at: Help4Seniors.org.
For more information about the J’s Meals on Wheels program, contact our Meals on Wheels Coordinator at: 513.792.5667.