Frequently Asked Questions
The Mayerson JCC is located at 8485 Ridge Road, Cincinnati, OH 45236 (off Ronald Reagan Highway).
Anyone can join the J! Explore Join the J for our latest membership special, schedule a tour, or to receive more information.
The JCC welcomes everyone, regardless of race, religion, or ability. Anyone can be a J member and take advantage of our world-class facilities and outstanding programs. Select Join the J for more information, or call 513.761.7500.
Yes! You can book our facilities for rentals, wedding receptions, parties, and corporate events. Visit our facilities page for more information.
Select here to see our policies and procedures manual.
We ask that all guests sign in at the reception desk upon entering the building. Members of the Mayerson JCC are responsible for the conduct of their guests.
Each member 18 years and older may bring up to 5 guests per household at a time. Each member 13 – 17 years old may bring up to 2 guests per household at a time. Special requests must be approved by the membership office. A member who is a minor (ages 13 – 17) may only bring a guest ages 13 & older.
J members may purchase Guest Passes. The fee is $10/pass for each guest, ages 13 or older, or $5/pass for each guest, ages 3 – 12. Guests, ages 2 or younger, are free. Any guest living in the Greater Cincinnati area may visit the J up to 3 days per calendar year. A guest who lives out of town may visit the J to 21 days per calendar year.
To register for any class or program:
Register by phone: 513.761.7500
Register in-person: At the membership desk during business hours.
Register online: Visit your program’s information page on our website for online registration.
Registration Policy: Registration and payment for all JCC programs must be received by the registration deadline. No registrations will be accepted without full payment. All JCC activities require a minimum number of registrants. We reserve the right to cancel classes if the minimum number of registrants is not met.
Class Refund Policy: When signing up for a class, you are expected to pay the full program fee. Fees are not pro-rated nor will refunds be made if a participant misses a class due to illness or vacation. No refunds will be given within one week of the start of any program or event. Classes will be cancelled due to a level 3 snow emergency or if a power failure should occur and we cannot safely operate.
Yes! The J offers single-gender activities throughout the week. Learn more about those here.
Questions? Call the JCC Fitness Desk at 513.761.7500.
Members ages 13 years and older are permitted to be in the JCC facilities without parental or adult supervision, and all group exercise classes are free for members age 16+. Members ages 10-12 years do not need to be accompanied in the JCC facilities (with the exception of the Fitness Center) as long as a parent/guardian is on the JCC premises. Each child must display his/her membership card at all times.
Unaccompanied youth are expected to display appropriate behavior: consideration of others, respect for the facility, and utilization of appropriate language at all times. If a child, 10 years of age or older, is not behaving in a respectful manner (as deemed by the JCC staff), a JCC staff member will contact his/her parent or guardian and ask them to promptly collect their child. Some examples of unacceptable behaviors include: destruction of property, excessive running through the halls, failure to follow JCC staff directives, rowdiness, and use of foul language.
If a child is sent home, JCC privileges may be suspended until a meeting is convened with the parent or guardian.
J members, ages 13 and older, may use the indoor track.
Outdoor pool hours are available starting each May. During “Open Swim” hours in the outdoor pool, there will be 15 minute swim breaks at the end of each hour that the pool is open. During each break, all children under the age of 16 must take a break and leave the outdoor pool. This is a good time to reapply sunscreen, utilize the outdoor playground, or enjoy the indoor waterpark, which is open during the hours that the outdoor pool is open.
The Mayerson JCC places pool safety among the highest priorities. The JCC takes necessary steps to provide a safe pool environment for our members:
- The American Red Cross requires a ratio of lifeguards to patrons of 1:50. However, the JCC is establishing a ratio of 1:25 (guards to patrons).
- We hire only experienced/certified lifeguards who stay current on their certifications. Lifeguards also partake in mandatory periodic testing and in-service training sessions.
- The JCC has established a program whereby Red Cross representatives come to the JCC intermittently and test the lifeguards on their emergency action plans.
- JCC lifeguards always wear a whistle and hip pack containing basic emergency equipment such as a face shield, band aids, gloves, and gauze pads. Other first aid equipment is located in the Aquatic Manager’s office.
- Children under the age of 6 are required to be within arm’s length of a guardian over the age of 16. Children under the age of 6 who are involved in “free play” or not in a supervised swim class will be encouraged to wear JCC flotation devices. Only flotation devices that are foam and/or Coast Guard Approved (not air filled – for safety reasons) can be used in JCC pools.
- JCC day campers are swim tested and those who are strong swimmers are given bracelets that allow them access to the deep end of the pool. Children without these bracelets do not have access to the deep end.
- Lifeguards are under a “no tolerance” policy. Lifeguards who do not precisely follow the JCC aquatic staff manual guidelines will be terminated immediately.
Yes. If you believe we may have found an item that you’ve lost, please email us with the subject line “Lost & Found” including your name, phone number, the item(s) that you’ve lost, the approximate date it was lost, and a description. You may also stop by the JCC Fitness Desk and provide the same information. During the summer, there is a Lost & Found bin for camp items located at the Camp at the J Desk. If we have an item matching your description, we will contact you via phone or email. If not, your information will be kept on file in case your item is found. All items are held for no less than 30 days. Please note, the Mayerson JCC is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
Join The J
When you join the J, you’re doing more than just joining a fitness center; you’re becoming a member of a truly wonderful community.