With warmer weather taking over, now is the perfect time to cook food that won’t weigh you down.
Here are six of our favorite veggie recipes that’ll entice even the pickiest of eaters to dig in.
- Zucchini Oven Chips – These Zucchini Oven Chips can be dipped in almost anything, and are a great substitute for fries or potatoes.
- Healthy Broccoli Tater Tots – Mixing steamed broccoli with cheese will help curb cravings, and excite kids about this usually-dreaded green veggie.
- Hearty Vegetable Lasagna – This filling recipe can be modified once you get the hang of it – incorporate your favorite farmers market produce!
- Mom’s Vegetarian Pot Pie – Give Banquet and Stouffer’s a run for their money with this delectable and oh-so-simple recipe that will have plates emptied before they even realize there are vegetables.
- Honey Garlic Baked Cauliflower – Do your little ones love chicken tenders? Bread and bake this healthier substitute – they’ll be asking for seconds.
- Avocado Hummus Taquitos – If Mexican food is on your menu for the week, bake up these nutrient-dense taquitos and dip them in salsa. They’ll never know the difference!
- Bonus Recipe: Honeydew Sorbet – This simple recipe requires a freezer and a food processor. With this sweet treat at your fingertips, you’ll be waving on the ice cream truck this season.