Early Childhood School
The JCC Early Childhood School provides a high-quality, age appropriate Jewish and secular curriculum that encourages development, curiosity, imagination, and self-esteem. The school is available for children ages 6 weeks – 5 years old. Our child care program is open to everyone regardless of race, religion, or ability, and features a low child-teacher ratio.
We encourage language skills, scientific inquiry, and creative expression. Social and emotional well-being are always supported.
Enrichment classes include music, fitness, yoga, swim lessons (ages 3+), gardening, and intergenerational activities. We celebrate Jewish holidays and Shabbat with songs, stories, art, special foods, and traditions. All meals and snacks served to students are kosher.
The Early Childhood School is dedicated to multicultural education. We strive to create a program that truly reflects the lives of our children, families, staff, and community. By recognizing the impact culture plays on families, we will make every effort to provide a culturally responsive school. We seek to:
- Recognize the beauty, value, and contribution of each child
- Foster high self-esteem and contribution of each child
- Teach children about their own culture
- Introduce children to other cultures
- Provide children with a positive experience exploring similarities and differences
- Encourage children to respect other cultures
- Increase children’s ability to talk and play with people who are different than them
- Help children live happily and cooperatively in a diverse world
- Help children to notice and do something about unfair behavior and events
The JCC Early Childhood School at the J is open to the public. J Members receive discounts.
The Early Childhood School at the J is a secure environment.
All tours must be scheduled in advance with the school director; for security purposes, walk-in tours are not permitted.
Thank you for helping us ensure the safety of the school!
For more information, or to schedule a tour, please call: 513.793.2122