Senior Meals & Dining Options
The 60 & Better Center has been closed by a mandate from the governor and we are not permitted to re-open until that mandate has been lifted.
This includes all senior programming, hot kosher lunch and to-go meals, along with transportation. We will let you know as soon as we hear more information.
We offer a variety of Meals & Dining Options for adults 60 & Better. All meals are prepared kosher by the JCC kitchen.
Our meal options include both dine-in and carryout selections. Choose any combination of up to two meals per day from the following programs:
We also offer a meal delivery service for homebound senior adults through our Meals on Wheels program.
J Café Super Senior Meal Deal
Our Super Senior Meal Deal, for adults age 60 & Better, offers a variety of tasty options from the J Café at a special discounted rate. Adults can register for the program at the J Café and then enjoy two meal deals every day for only $4 per meal (suggested donation). Additional purchases will be charged at full menu price.
Please note: The Super Senior Meal Deal menu has been approved by a dietitian. Due to the nature of the program, no substitutions may be made.
Milk, hot coffee, tea, or iced tea is available with each meal.
Super Senior Meal Deal Menu:
- Deli Cold Cut Sandwich: Half a sandwich served with lettuce and tomato, served with a side salad and a small cookie. Due to kosher regulations, milk is not available with this meal.
- Half Sandwich & Soup: Choice of either tuna salad or egg salad on toasted whole wheat bread with lettuce and tomato, served with choice of soup and a small cookie.
- Bagel & Lox: Smoked salmon on toasted plain bagel with cream cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions, served with choice of whole fruit.
- Veggie Burger: Veggie patty on whole wheat pita with lettuce, tomato, and American cheese, served with choice of whole fruit.
- Flatbread Pizza: Pizza sauce, edam cheese, tomatoes, green pepper, and mushrooms, served with choice of whole fruit.
- J Café Melt: Portobello melt on whole wheat bread with roasted red pepper dressing and mozzarella cheese, served with a side salad and a cookie.
Through our To-Go Meals program, adult members 60 & Better can order the same kosher meal from our Congregate Meal menu and pick it up to enjoy at home. Our menu features a variety of tasty, healthy options. Click on this month’s Congregate Meal menu below.
To-Go Meals are now available for most holiday lunches as well!
To-Go Meals are offered for $4 per meal.
To order a To-Go Meal, contact our Meals on Wheels Coordinator at: 513.792.5667 prior to or by 8am the day of the meal.
To-Go Meals are made possible through a generous grant from Jo Levine.
This daily lunch group for adults 60 & Better meets at noon, Monday through Thursday in Rooms 120 and 121, and on Friday in the Amberley Room Gallery.
Congregate Meals are offered for a $3 suggested donation per person over age 60 and $10 for friends and family under age 60.
Each day, our menu features a variety of tasty, healthy meal options.
Meals on Wheels
For over 30 years, our Meals on Wheels program has contributed to the welfare of homebound adults by providing regular nutrition and daily contact with caring volunteers. For seniors who have difficulty shopping or cooking, this program offers an essential and convenient support system.
All meals delivered through the J’s Meals on Wheels program are kosher and meet nutritional standards. Meals are delivered frozen each week for easy storage and preparation. Participants can choose from a menu of options, including modifications for a low-sodium and diabetic diet.
In addition, we offer emergency frozen kosher meals for seniors who are recuperating at home and in-need of prepared food.
There are five basic requirements for Meals on Wheels participants:
- The person is unable to prepare their own meals; and
- The person is unable to participate in a congregate nutrition program because of physical or emotional difficulties; and
- The person must be at least 60 years of age; and
- The person lacks another meal support service in the home or community
- The person is the spouse of an eligible person, regardless of age or abilities, who lives in the home of the eligible person.
Qualified applicants may receive this service FREE of charge, with an option to give a charitable donation. To see if you qualify, please contact the Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio (COA) at: 800.252.0155. Be sure to specify that you’d like the Mayerson JCC to deliver your meals. For more information on the COA, please visit their website at: Help4Seniors.org.
For more information about the J’s Meals on Wheels program, contact our Meals on Wheels Coordinator at: 513.792.5667.