Israel Bike + Hike Trip
October 14 – 22
For Jewish YPs 21-35
Price: J Members: $1,850; public: $1,950*
A $500 deposit is due at the time of application. Payment plans available; contact Joshua Kleymeyer for details.
Explore Israel’s history and natural wonders in person while hiking and bike riding with other YPs from Cincinnati’s sister city of Netanya. Form deeper connections to the homeland and the people who live there on this once-in-a-lifetime experience that will take you off the tourist path and onto Israel’s eco-trails.
Jewish young professionals who are 21 – 35 in 2016 are eligible to participate. Applicants must complete an application form. Requires a mild to moderate fitness level. Participation includes pre-trip fitness training at the JCC and social functions, opportunities to virtually connect with the Israeli travelers and post-trip gatherings.
This subsidized trip is organized by the Mayerson JCC and is made affordable thanks to a generous $1,300 per person subsidy in partnership with Partnership 2GETHER and the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati. Trip cost covers flight, lodging, meals, bike/equipment rental, trip coordination, tour guides, transportation within Israel, security, and entrance fees for activities.Information PacketChecklists
*Includes three months of membership to the J in order to train for the trip with the group.
- Day 1
- Arrive in Israel and drive to Netanya.
- Arrive at the host family’s home and enjoy a welcome BBQ dinner.
- Day 2
- Explore Netanya on your own!
- Experience Erev Sukkot with the host family.
- Day 3
- The adventure begins as you cycle through green Ramat Ha’nadiv on the way to Ceasarea Maritima and take a short hike at Kelach Stream.
- Drive to Mount Hermon with a stop halfway for herbal tea and overview of the Sea of Galilee.
- Take in an evening bonfire with the group.
- Day 4
- Cycle through Naftali Mountains Forestand tour Metula with views of Mount Hermon and green Galilee landscapes.
- Play a colorful game of paintball!
- Spend the evening in Katzrin learning Israeli songs and creating Poyke (stew) for dinner.
- Day 5
- Cycling in the beautiful Switzerland Forest, riding between massive basalt rocks and hike at Mount Arbel, which provides magical views across the Sea of Galilee.
- Dinner on the shore of the Sea of Galilee.
- Day 6
- Cycle around Katzrin, through urban landscape and green forests and take part in a wet adventure-hike on the Majrasa Trail.
- Join in an Arab food cooking encounter at the Bedouin Muslim village of Sallame.
- Visit a beautiful community garden in Koranit.
- Head back toward Netanya to have a final ride through the city and reach Netanya’s Winter Lake Park for an end-of-trip dinner.
- Day 7
- Relax and spend the day in Netanya before welcoming Shabbat with host family.
- Day 8
- Head back home!
*Details subject to change.